Factors contributing to difficult venous access (DVA):
|Size and fragility of vessels
Multiple disease states
|Reduced vessel options due to blood loss
Edema or fatty tissue
Shock induced vasoconstriction
VeinViewer® has been proven to:
- Increase first stick success by up to 100%
- Significantly reduce time to place a peripheral IV
- Decrease PICC lines placed due to difficult venous access
- Increase patient satisfaction by 100%
VeinViewer is a vascular access imaging device that can help the clinician find the optimal venipuncture site and avoid potential complications.
VeinViewer clinical benefits
- See peripheral veins up to 10 mm deep and blood patterns up to 15 mm deep providing more potential access sites.
- Locate valves and bifurcations which aids in decision making for the point of insertion.
- Assess IV patency during and after placement through visualization of fluid flushing and detection of a hematoma as it forms. Watch this video to see VeinViewer’s PDP capabilities.
- Avoid higher acuity procedures (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter or Central Venous Catheter).
Improved peripheral venous access in the Emergency Department can mean greatly increased venous targets, avoidance of delays in life-saving treatments, and improved patient stabilization and procedural work flow. VeinViewer by Christie allows you to quickly assess your patient and make a more informed decision when picking an access site. Discover what makes VeinViewer technology unique here.
To learn more how VeinViewer can benefit your department, speak to a Christie expert today by calling 877 SEE VEIN.